Christmas at Camp Julian Oaks 2013
Thanks ladies for making this happen.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
El Dede, head of Camino Quilters Cuddle Quilts www.elcaminoquilters.com came to my house with about 75 quilts to be donated to the nursing home for the up coming winter months. I was beyond blessed. Their quilts are so beautiful and a long arm quilting machine was used to put the layers together.
If you guys can get the word out, they would really use batting. I told Dede I would continue to give her supplies for their Cuddle Quilts.
This organization is beyond wonderful and I appreciate so much that these lap quilts will be used in the nursing homes and for summer camp for the campers.
Below please enjoy the picture of all the quilts these wonderful gals gave to me to distribute to Camp and Nursing Homes!
Thank you El Camino Quilters Cuddle Quilts www.elcaminoquilters.com
Posted by Karen at 8:44 AM
Saturday, November 16, 2013
The El Camino Quilters has donated 66 lap blankets to the Dorcas Circle. These ladies have beyond blessed me and the San Diego County as well.
I went up in my attic and had enough gifts to give Tony and Tina at Camp Julian Oaks Christmas Gifts for the campers. YEA! Many of those gifts were done by Linda Anselm
with all knitted fingerless gloves, mittens, hats and scarves done by Michele Johnson. I threw in a few demin purses mostly done by Bonnie.
Also so many quilts have been provided that this summer for Camp Julian Oaks all the lap blankets and pillows will be given out to the Elementary Summer Camp of 2014. YEA! Done.
Also up in my attic I had lots of Christmas pillows with cute reindeer, lap blankets and the woven lap blankets I made. These were given to 2 small nursing homes all wrapped and ready.
Bonnie, Teri and I did entertainment at the Camp Julian Oak Fall Fundraiser. We had a fiber learning center. The FOO committee and many wonderful people made this fund raiser a BIG success. I am so happy to say that $14,000.00 was brought into camp to bless the abused and neglected children of San Diego County!
What I do have on the agenda for our next project is Valentine and Easter Pillows for the nursing homes. We have plenty of fabric and fiberfill to make that happen. We also need to make more craft kits for the next Barbeque Fundraiser.
I will shoot of an e-mail after Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years are done to give more updates.
Below are several pictures of the Fiber Arts Booth at Camp.
Have a Thankful Thanksgiving, A very Merry Christmas, and may 2014 bring forth joy in your lives(:
Posted by Karen at 12:30 PM
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I want to give a special thanks to:
- Jeannie Richardson and her children help stuff and do embroidery on the fabric Pumpkins that will be as decorations and for sale at Julian Oaks' Autumn Barbeque Fundraiser which is October 26th of this year.
- Monica and her children worked on the pumpkins also.
- Bonnie sew a lot of pillows for nursing angel tree.
- Michele Johnson came and stuffed many of the pillows that Bonnie sewed.
- It was so wonderful to see Jessica Cato. She gave me a direction on the pillows, lap blankets and quilts that Dorcas Circle has done for so many years for Angel Tree Gifts. Her enthusiasm for what we had to offer was a blessing especially to me.
- Teri and Monica and Terran have been going up to camp and doing the camp craft which is going well. Keep camp and them up in prayer for the next 2 camps following camps below:
July 22-26, 2013
- Jr. High Summer Camp, Session 3
August 5-9, 2013
- Elementary School Summer Camp, Session #4
Our next Dorcas Circle will be September 11 1-8PM. Will send a reminder e-mail before that date.
Thanks everyone without you we could not keep on blessing the widows and orphans of our community.
Posted by Karen at 10:17 PM
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Camp Craft this summer was taken over by Teri Cutler and Monica. The first camp went very well.
Dorcas Circle meets every other month and we are using up the supplies to continue making pillows for the homes.
Pumpkins are being made for the Harvest Festival Funraiser as decorations and to sell as well.
Posted by Karen at 4:58 PM