Saturday, November 16, 2013



The El Camino Quilters has donated 66 lap blankets to the Dorcas Circle. These ladies have beyond blessed me and the San Diego County as well.

I went up in my attic and had enough gifts to give Tony and Tina at Camp Julian Oaks Christmas Gifts for the campers. YEA! Many of those gifts were done by Linda Anselm
with all knitted fingerless gloves, mittens, hats and scarves done by Michele Johnson.  I threw in a few demin purses mostly done by Bonnie.

Also so many quilts have been provided that this summer for Camp Julian Oaks all the lap blankets and pillows will be given out to the Elementary Summer Camp of 2014. YEA! Done.

Also up in my attic I had lots of Christmas pillows with cute reindeer, lap blankets and the woven lap blankets I made. These were given to 2 small nursing homes all wrapped and ready.

Bonnie, Teri and I did entertainment at the  Camp Julian Oak Fall Fundraiser.  We had a fiber learning center.  The FOO committee and many wonderful people made this fund raiser a BIG success. I am so happy to say that $14,000.00 was brought into camp to bless the abused and neglected children of San Diego County!

What I do have on  the agenda for our next project is Valentine and Easter Pillows for the nursing homes. We have plenty of fabric and fiberfill to make that happen.  We also need to make more craft kits for the next Barbeque Fundraiser. 

I will shoot of an e-mail after Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years are done to give more updates.

Below are several pictures of the Fiber Arts Booth at Camp.

Have a Thankful Thanksgiving, A very Merry Christmas, and may 2014 bring forth joy in your lives(:

No comments:

Post a Comment