Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dorcas Circle is a place to Minister to each other! PTL

This Dorcas Gathering I was especially ministered by Monica. When she came I felt sad because 2 of the Dorcas Ladies (Willa) and (Linda) are ill. We sat down and prayed together to have the Lord work in these 2 women's lives. Giving it to the Lord is the best because I can not do anything but pray. After that Monica and I shared about our Christmas and New Years. Monica just gave me that extra energy with her life going so well. We also got a lot done as well.

  • Monica is still working on the Christmas Quilt. It is done so perfectly I will never be that detailed.
  • I am working on the Camp Quilts for summer.
  • Terran and Maddy worked on Mother's Day Pillows they also tied the quilts I finished off.
  • Trudy cut out bibs for the nursing home residence.
  • Lilly and Therese got batting and made it into batting and organized all these wonderful zippers that were donated by Willa.

We had another blessing happen to Dorcas to bless camp with my funds. Bonnie's friend, BJ, came over and bought $130.00 worth of stuff from the boutique that prior day. She even bought projects that are not finished yet. Thanks Bonnie and a BIG thanks to BJ for financially supporting camp! 

Bonnie stayed home and did Dorcas Circle with her Berina. She is working on Large denim tote bags for a couple and she is using her embroiderer machine to make lovely bags for her son's to sell at their music store they in return will give is money back to bless camp.

Please keep Willa (suffering from a very bad virus she is having lots of trouble fight off) and Linda (sciatica, very painful) to heal up.

Lastly, Bonnie and I will be running a booth at the missions fair on the 22 after 3 services. We will present the boutique, Dorcas and Julian Oaks. A lot of folks in our church are unaware of this. We really hope to encourage people to serve the Lord in some kind of ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment