Thursday, March 24, 2011

Focusing on the Boutique for May 13 and 14th 2011

Wow!!!!! All I can say  is: This was probably one of my favorite Dorcas Days! A lot got done. What would I do without you wonderful ladies

Marlitt 2 more hats made. Marlitt also had the ladies at her church complete 20 Alternative Tote Bags. I was beyond blown away. Maxine will be a very happy camper when she sees this.
  • Sister Bomgarden working very hard on the demin purses. She is learning new skills and I am so happy to teach her that. These purses are so unique and will sell for about $45.00 each
  • A new Sister has joined the group and she learned to tie quits and worked on the garland project.
  • Leslie, a college student on break, came and tied Sonia’s quilt quilt and the baby quilt plus did a potpourri bag
  • Karen came and did an apron with pockets, her machine was on good  behavior
  • Memri came in and organized all the buttons. This helps out sooo much thanks Memri
  • Linda, the most devoted one, came down the hill and prepared demin aprons, cut out fishermen’s caps, donated lots of stuff relating to jewelry to donate to us. She totally completed the button project, and filled the potpourri bags again. She gave me this suitcase that is beyond organized. I am using it as wel speak.
  • Hilda used her sewing skills by making an apron from a kit and making the fishermen’s hat.
  • Bonnie finished the Fishermen’s Quilt and it came out wonderful!
  Also all my sewing machines cooperated. That is amazing on its own.

Our Dorcas Boutique will be at the Rummage Sale at church promoting Julian Oaks and of course we will be at Julian Oak’s first  Spring Fund Raiser. This all happens in May that is why we are working so hard on boutique items. When June comes, we can take a breather.

Bonnie, Linda and I went to the Mormon Church in Valley Center to tell them about the Dorcas Circle. Those ladies were busy working on the tote bags and 4 other projects as well. We were welcomed very nicely and they allowed me to tell what I do in my home and to pass the word out that we can always use help.

No comments:

Post a Comment